My Capetown

It's been more than a week since I came home from Capetown where I attended the MS Worldwide Innovative Education Forum. There are different reasons why it was an out of this world experience.


Firstly, my project Greetings from the world made it to the finals in the Innovation for Collaboration Category. This is the best result ever achieved by a Croatian teacher at a worldwide competition. However, this project is not strictly Croatian, it's rather global in the true sense of the world, and I'm just a member of a team of exceptional innovative teachers who love this project.



Secondly, who doesn't like to travel? I have a strong passion for travel and this was an amazing opportunity for me to travel to South Africa for the first time. Seeing Cape Town at the foot of the stunning Table Mountain , its many depressing townships, the Cape of Good Hope, pretty proteas in bloom, cute little penguins which I couldn't swim with, as well as the excellent South African wine was unforgettable.




But most importantly, the Forum brought together innovative educators from all parts of the world. 500 teachers from 72 countires had already won their regional competitions in the first stages of the Forum, so being there in Cape Town was actually our special award. Together we celebrated what we are so passionately dedicated to: innovation in education.
So much passion, enthusiasm, warmth and devotion that I absorbed in the halls of the Convention Center, at the opening ceremony in the vinery and the gala in the Botanical Garden will keep me going for a long time.



The only thing that makes me a wee sad is this little bug: what if I don't make it to MMS WW IEF 2011 in Washington, DC????