Problems with English

The other day I stumbled upon this hilarious video about English language learners who have problems with different aspects of English.




As I thought this could be a great beginning-of-the-year activity, I searched the Internet for the tapescript. However, not only did I find the tapescript but also a great activity sheet with all the explanations of expressions, proverbs and colloquial words and phrases. There are also some tips on how to use this video with pre-intermediate, intermediate or advanced students of English. I found this activity sheet on Multimedia English Classroom, a fantastic site for English language learners and teachers, where you will find a plethora of fabulous ELT materials which can be used in the classroom.

Another idea is to compare the American sketch with the (original) British version.